THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE APOSTOLIC FAITH MISSION OF SOUTH AFRICA FRIEND OF GOD CHURCH
- For the purposes of this section, Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the Act”). The Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God, also subscribes to the principles for electronically collecting personal information outlined in the Act, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
- Users will be prompted to register an account with the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God. In so doing, users may be asked to provide the following information (Personal Information):
*** This has been inserted for churches using their websites or apps to allow their members to register for services, to allow access to certain contact or for completing contact forms on websites. This may be deleted if not applicable.
- All payment information will be captured through the Website. Further, the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa Friend of God shall retain payment information on behalf of its users.
*** This has been inserted for churches using their websites or apps to allow for donations. This may be deleted if not applicable.
- We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs, where relevant) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
- The provision and performance of the services;
- Informing you of changes made to our website;
- The provision of marketing related services to you by the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God;
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have;
- Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with users for the purposes described in this clause;
- Developing an online user profile;
- For security, administrative and legal purposes; and
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the internet, the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God has in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process online.
- While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
- We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
- Your information will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in these Terms or as required by applicable legislation.
- The Personal Information that the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God collects from users shall only be accessed by the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God employees, representatives and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
- The Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God shall have the right, but shall not be obliged, to monitor or examine any information and materials including any website link that you publish or submit to the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God for publishing on the Site. You shall be solely responsible for the contents of all material published by yourself.
***This has been inserted where social media feeds are displayed on a webpage and the comments are incorporated. It is also applicable to churches with blog sites
- We will not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God will only be in connection with the provision of our services and/or the marketing thereof.
- When you visit friendofgodchurch.com, even if you do not create an account, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit, and other information concerning your computer’s operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is aggregated and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit permission.
- “Session cookies”: These are used to maintain a so-called ‘session state’ and only lasts for the duration of your use of the Website. A session cookie expires when you close your browser, or if you have not visited the server for a certain period of time. Session cookies are required for the Platform to function optimally, but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- “Permanent cookies”: These cookies permanently store a unique code on your computer or smart device hard drive in order to identify you as an individual user. No Personal Information is stored in permanent cookies. You can view permanent cookies by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. These permanent cookies are not required for the website to work, but may enhance your browsing experience.
- Application Of The Electronic Communications And Transactions Act 25 Of 2002 (“ECT Act”)
- Data Messages (as defined in the ECT Act) will be deemed to have been received by the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God if and when the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God responds to the Data Messages.
- Data Messages sent by the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God to a user will be deemed to have been received by such user in terms of the provisions specified in section 23(b) of the ECT Act.
- Users acknowledge that electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between users and the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God.
- Information to be provided in terms of section 43(1) of the ECT Act:
- Users warrant that Data Messages sent to the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God from any electronic device, used by such user, from time to time or owned by such user, were sent and or authorised by such user, personally.
- This Website is owned and operated by the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, Friend of God, a duly constituted congregation in terms of the Constitution of the Governing Body of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa, a voluntary association not for gain.
- Address for service of legal documents: Friend of God, P.O. Box 21, Goodwood.
- Contact Number: 021-5923777.
- Email address: email@example.com